Friday 28 March 2014

Birchbox March Review

So a bit of a late one here, I meant to post it in a video, but then my body decided to give me a coldsore and Elephant Man Tasha is not something you want to see in HD. I'll try and get the next one filmed as a general unboxing :)

This month's box was the LuLu Guinness collaborated box. Although this was a bit of a disappointment considering this was pretty much it for the LuLu-ness of the box besides a black and white striped stick of rock for the 'lifestyle extra' which was actually quite nice! I love black and white as much as the next former goth sort of teenager, but I was expecting a little bit more. 

This month's contents. It looks a little empty I know, but I think that's just the way I've arranged it..Yes I did already eat the rock before I took the pictures this morning.. 

First item is the Dr. Brandt 'Pores no more' pore refiner. Pretty similar to that of the Benefit POREfessional that I received in my first ever Birchbox. I got a pretty respectable 7.5ml size and I must say I love it! In my opinion, I actually prefer this one to the Benefit alternative I was raving about. It smooths your skin a lot more and gives more of a flawless look. The full sized bottle is £39 for 30ml, which is pretty darn pricey, but I'd definitely say it was worth it.

Next up is the Korres Citrus Little Body Milk. I've not really used this product much, so I can't really say a great deal about it, but it does seem to make your skin a little softer and the smell is pretty good! Not something I'd necessarily buy, but I'm more of a facial skincare kind of girl, not the biggest body milk/butter fans. The full sized bottle is £9.50.

The English Laundry no.7 for her perfume was a pleasant surprise. After the amazingness of the Elizabeth Arden sample I received in one of my first ever beauty boxes, everything I get is compared to it. This perfume, although lovely, still doesn't come too close. It has a bright and fruity scent and is one I'd say I like, but it's a bit pricey at £47 for the 50ml bottle. 

This is the Molton Brown Rhubarb and Rose Replenishing hand cream. Right now, I love beauty boxes. I love getting skin care samples. But I literally have hand cream samples coming out of my ears now! I do not use them! I always get disappointed in body lotions and hand creams, no matter how nice the scent is. This one again, does smell lovely but it's just not something I'd use so I feel like it's a bit of a waste. I'd like to see more make up products from these boxes!
We got a 7ml sample and the full sized bottle is £10 for the full sized 40ml.
Maybe one for Mother's Day?

The star product and LuLu's pick this month was another Benefit product! I'm not going to complain, I love Benefit just find it so expensive. This is the Stay Don't Stray in light/medium. I'm glad that Birchbox paid attention to my skin colour and sent me the lighter version, there's nothing worse than a sample that's too dark for you. You place three dots under and on top of your eyes and then blend it in and it's supposed to keep your make up from 'straying' all day. I've used this a few times, and considering I don't use concealer, it's worked amazingly. I put it on in the morning and my make up is still there come dinner time! It's definitely something I'd recommend. 
It's £20.50 for the full sized bottle and definitely worth the splurge. 

Oh, here's the striped stick of rock I was on about earlier. Was peppermint and lovely :)

Stay tuned for the April Birchbox that I should be getting within the next two weeks, got to choose my own colour of nail polish this month, so have high hopes for lots of Spring inspired pastels in this box! 
Have a great Friday xo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment