Friday 3 January 2014

December 2013 Glossybox

Yes, yes I know. I've neglected you all again! But it's a new year and I promise to try not to! 
I realise this is late but I thought I'd post it anyway just for anyone who hasn't seen it. 



Now this was the Christmas box so of course I expected lots of sparkly things and golds and reds, you know, christmassy stuff! But alas, this was not the case. I do love the box design, a little christmas tree made out of different cosmetics, that's pretty cool. 



First up is the most disappointing item of the entire box. I received two 5ml samples (that look similar to ones you can just pick up at any old beauty counter) of 'Rich Skin Food' by Yin Yang Skincare. The full size bottle is £19.50 for 50ml so I got about £3.90 worth. It's said to repair and revitalise even the most damaged of skin. BUT and this is a big but, I couldn't even try it as it went out of date in January 2012. Yes that's right folks, two years ago. Glossybox did notify me (making it clear it was not their fault as they are just sent the samples) and Yin Yang offered to replace the samples for me which I will review in tomorrow's post.

Second is another disappointing product. A razor. Seriously Glossybox? Surely this can't class as a 'high end product'? The Intuition Naturals razor from Wilkinson Sword is priced at £6.49 (£3 in Asda at the moment) and obviously we got a full sized product. Now if it wasn't already bad enough we got a razor in the beauty box, I hate this razor. With a passion. I bought it a while ago thinking it would moisturise my legs while shaving and make them silky smooth but that was definitely not the case. In fact they barely shaved my legs at all. 

Next up is the Beautiful Movements Nude Lipgloss. It's £12 for the full sized 8ml tube and I think the one we got was about 5ml so not too bad price wise. I was actually okay about getting this product as I have been on the lookout for a good nude lip gloss lately and this one seems to do the trick. It does give your lips a bit of a peachy hue, but it's nothing too in your face. The formula itself is a tad sticky, but I've come to expect that with lip glosses these days, maybe I'm just more of a lipstick kind of girl nowadays! 

My nail varnish collection is becoming even more vast than my eyeshadow collection, which if you've read my blogs before, you'll know is ever-growing! Although I'm always happy to receive a good nail polish I don't really see how this duck egg blue colour really relates to Christmas. That point aside the Seche Cool baby blue nail polish is quite a good one, although I think I might keep it hidden away 'til Spring. It retails at £8 for the 14ml size which is what I got so I'm not going to complain too much. 

The star product this month was a Maybelline product, other people got a brow definer or the 24 hour colour tattoo eye creams, I got the Volum' Express Colossal Smokey Eye Mascara which retails at £7.99 for 10.7ml. Although I do have an eyeshadow obsession and wouldn't have minded one of the colour tattoo creams, I did see that people were getting a blue or bronze colour so I'm pretty happy with the mascara. I'm always on the lookout for new mascara and this one has become a favourite of mine, I've used it pretty much everyday since I got the thing! 

Total box contents - around £25.
This box was just not my favourite at all, (sorry for the ranting!) from the first box I received they've definitely gone downhill in my opinion the last couple of months. Next month is my free box so I'll wait and see what I get in that but I think I'm going to end up cancelling my subscription and just buying the odd box here and there once I know what's in it.

Have a great day everyone! xo.









No comments:

Post a Comment