Friday 16 August 2013

Nail Art Deco!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days, silly sky internet around here tends to be a tad temperamental, which is a pain and will unfortunately stop you from being able to buy tickets to Bastille gigs when they go on sale! But anyway, had a bit of spare time earlier and thought I'd redo my nails as they were looking a little bit worse for wear. 
I've been seeing a lot of nail art around at the moment and people reviewing different nail art tools, so I thought I'd give it a go myself, but with more of a homemade kind of tool. Here's what I used:

 Boots Conditioning Nail Polish Remover
Rimmel  Lycra pro 391 celebrity bash
Asda Skin System cotton wool buds
Collection 2000 1 Liquorice
Collection 2000 2in1 strengthener and hardener

So I always start painting my nails by just rubbing my nails with a little of the remover, just to get off any previous colour or dirt. I then always start with a clear coating of the 2in1 strengthener and hardener. This has been a constant in my nail polish collection for well over a year now. It works great as a top coat and a base and it makes the varnish last at least 5-10 days without chipping, depending on how much you put on (if you're like me, you dollop it on so it's quite thick).
 I love the whole alternating nails thing at the moment too, although I usually go for more pastel shades.  After waiting for the colours to dry, and I mean completely dry, I just dipped the cotton bud (pointy end obviously) into the black polish and drew on some zig zags! this is what I ended up with:


Okay so I'm not the most dab hand at painting my nails cleanly. My thumb was probably the best one out of all of them, I won't show you my left hand it's not all too amazing, need a steadier hand!
I did intend on actually drawing something onto the black as well, but the red didn't want to go over it. Ah well, not too bad for a quick ten minute job using a cotton bud! 
Have any of you had a go at your own nail art? Which tools do you find best?


No comments:

Post a Comment