Wednesday 26 February 2014

What I Ate Wednesday x2!

So I've been a bit M.I.A lately I actually did take all the photos for a WIAW last week and then ended up too busy to actually write/post it so I thought I'd give you guys a bit of a double whammy tonight!

The reason I've been so busy is because I've recently started working for a wonderful Startup company called HypeBadger (click the link and sign up, like their Facebook and follow on Twitter, pretty please!) as a social media and content production intern. The site tracks all of your favourite shows, movies, games, books and more as well as notifying you of new upcoming projects and then notifies you of any news on release dates etc. It's a great site and I'm really enjoying working for them, it's just a tad time consuming when you have a 3 year old, gym to go to and uni as well so my blog seems to have taken a back seat lately, I've not forgotten about you I promise!

Anyways there's my little life update, still on the hunt for a paid position somewhere just nowhere seems to think I'm suitable, tis a pain! But now on with the food!

Breakfast 






















This is last week's breakfast, yes it's my usual fruit granola with added fruit. They didn't have my red currants in Asda last week so I had to settle for raspberries which aren't my favourites but ah well. I also had my drinking yoghurt and tea of course.

Lunch

Okay so I've been told that if I want to have pasta to have it at lunch time (I don't remember if I've mentioned that..memory like a sieve) so I decided to have my spaghetti bolognese for lunch. Actually thinking about it, this first day is actually a What I ate Thursday, hence the pasta. I always tend to have something a bit more carby on a Tuesday or Thursday so that it doesn't matter as much as I work it off at the gym an hour or so later. 

Dinner


After the carb fuelled lunch, I had a pretty healthy stir fry (I can't help it, I'm addicted) which does actually have a tonne of veg in, the noodles just always end up on top. Also had a few prawn crackers as I'm one of those weird people who needs something salty and crunchy with a meal.

Snack/Dessert

Yes. I am still a child. I don't care how old I am, I will always love jelly and ice cream. Me and my friend were actually saying they should sell it in restaurants.. maybe one day!

Now for this weeks :) 

Breakfast

I do eat other things for breakfast! I decided that I fancied something a bit different and I remember my Aunt had posted a recipe on Facebook for her super healthy pancakes. These are made with 2 eggs and a mashed banana. Yep, that's all folks! I didn't believe it would work either but they were bloomin' lovely as she'd say! I also topped it with a handful of strawberries, blueberries and red currants as well as a little lemon juice and touch of syrup.

Lunch 

I've really got to try to stop buying subways for lunch on a Wednesday just because it's easier, so today I put a jacket potato in the oven for when I got back from taking Tayla to nursery. I'm not always a fan of jackets because sometimes the potatoes aren't the best, but this one was perfect! All crispy and fluffy. I topped it with some tuna mayo and served with a salad, apple and pear green tea and a yummy clementine

Snack

Umm.. I got hungry after picking Tayla up. Usually I can wait until dinner for food, but she was having one and it looked delicious so I had to have one too! I have my scones plain because that's just how I prefer them. I do like them warmed up,  but my microwave's broke at the moment, so cold had to do. 
I try and drink more water, but milk and fruit juice always seem so much more appetising.

Dinner

Looking back, my lunch should have been my dinner.. In my defence, I didn't know I was having this until about 6pm as I didn't have anything else to eat. It's chicken, mozzarella and smoked pancetta filled pasta with chicken. I know it looks really fattening and yes I am healthy 90% of the time but tis hard to have veg and that when my mum's bought this! I probably shouldn't have had it due to my cold giving me another stupid cold sore and you're not supposed to eat pasta when you have them but hey. I made my own sauce with WeightWatchers garlic onion and chive cream cheese and some milk, was lovely! 
I also had a glass of apple juice and a chocolate mousse, but didn't think to photograph them. 

What did you eat today?
Leave yours below and I'll happily read them :)
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment