Tuesday 18 February 2014

Homemade Face mask

So considering I'm currently unattached (boohoo and all that) I spent my Valentines night in with the family. But to be fair a Chinese takeaway and then watching the Notebook with your girl friend (across the internet, weirdly enough) is just as good for me!

Due to the darn weather, my skins not been doing so well of late, so I was in dire need of some TLC and thought I'd try my hand at a homemade face mask. We can all get stressed sometimes and there's nothing I like more than having a nice long bath with some candles and a face mask. I've never made anything like this before so I was a bit skeptical. I researched quite a lot and came across the Lemon and honey sugar scrub. I've been ill quite a lot lately so I had an abundance of lemon and honey in the house.

Ingredients - 1 and a half tbsp honey
1 and a half tbsp sugar (granulated)
1 tbsp lemon juice

You pretty much just mix it all together until it thickens slightly. I actually made mine a tad too runny and it ended up slipping off my face so I'd say you want as little lemon juice as possible, just add it bit by bit. Apply a small amount to your face and neck, leave it for 5 minutes and then rinse off with a warm flannel. It left my skin feeling quite tingly and very soft, so I recommend it highly! And it's so easy to do as well.
Have you ever tried to make your own face masks?

Hope you've had a great weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment