Tuesday 3 September 2013

A/W 13: the trends.

I've been googling around all the usual fashion mags - Elle, Cosmo etc - having a look at the trends for this autumn/winter. I love this time of year, all the colours and leaves, granted I'm not a fan of the wind and rain, but nothing compares to those beautiful autumn mornings when you get to wrap up in a big coat and scarf! I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite trends that caught my eye and I'll be trying to incorporate into my wardrobe over the next couple of months.


First up the make up trends. I love love love all the plum! I don't entirely think I myself could pull of those dark plum lips, I'm much too pale, but I would definitely incorporate it into a smokey eye or my nails. I'm also loving the gold and orangey hues that are going around. Of course they sneak in at some point every year, but it's great how big the nail art trend is this year and there are so many ways to change it up, or attempt to if you don't have a steady hand! 

I am a creature of habit. I tend to stick to my tried and tested style throughout autumn and winter, but this year I've vowed to change it up a little. I love the colour pops in accessories this season, and royal blue is one of my favourite colours at the moment! Might just have to get this bag soon.. I am in love with Kelly Brook right now, and this dress and leather jacket is just something that I think would be perfect for days out shopping with the girls, would be great for nights out too! (definitely going on my to buy list) Another trend that's caught my eye is the tartan trend. I love a good shirt and they're great for when it's not too cold but you still need a little covering. This outfit is featured in River Island's new collection. The grunge trend is also pretty big this season, but after spending my teen years a tad gothy, think I'm going to steer clear of that one!

What trends are you all looking forward to splashing the cash on?



No comments:

Post a Comment